Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rex The Dog - I can see you, Can you see me?

When you have a blog that has very few viewers one of the good things about it is that you can rant negatively about groups that most people like. Today is the turn of Soulwax. Soulwax seems to have been around for an increasingly annoying long length of time and because people keep waffling about them I have learned by osmosis a lot of unnecessary facts. They are from Belgium. They have a generic stodge rock indie band and they also DJ. Crikey! therein the genius lies they have a band and DJ! The reason I think i dislike them so much is because of a mix cd they released a few years ago that was everywhere and featured techno mixed with Dolly Parton etc. When music becomes like Carry On it is just wrong, ask Bentley Rhythm Ace. Nowadays they have fans that talk in hushed reverence of their greatness. For example I was at a Kraftwerk gig recently (Soulwax played also) and I met TWO people who said Soulwax were better. Everyone has a right to their opinion but sometimes.... they're wrong.

McClow

Heres a new video by Rex the Dog and I imagine it is something Soulwax would play in their DJ set but don't let that put you off.

No comments: